How to download bank statements from your online bank account
Before using SmartBank Bank Manager, the first step is to download the correct bank Statement file (OFC, OFX, CSV or Text) from your online banking accounts.
Watch this video as a guide to see how easy it is to download a bank statement OFC, OFX, CSV or Text file before importing into SmartBank
(NOTE that every bank is different and the files are located in different areas but the principals are similar - See table below)
Below is a list of the recommended files for each of the prominent banks that work best for SmartBank.
If, in the unlikely event of a file not wanting to import into SmartBank, the generals are to:
1) First download a OFC and then an OFX file format 2) Then try a CSV file and if the CSV file does not work, then email the file to SmartBank and we will:
- Convert the file for Free
- Update SmartBank to include this format to the next SmartBank
If your bank is not on the above list, just download ALL of the OFC, OFX or CSV files and save them in a folder on your hard drive.
BANK STATEMENT DOWNLOAD GUIDES
Click below to download a step by step PDF file to assist you to download help instructions per BANK:
- Pdf - ABSA Bank - Personal / Business
- Pdf - ABSA Bank - CashFocus
- Pdf - FNB - Personal / Business
- Pdf - Investec - Investec
- Pdf - Nedbank - Personal
- Pdf - Nedbank - Business
- Pdf - Nedinform - Business
- Pdf - Standard Bank - Personal
- Pdf - Standard Bank - Business
The Files highlighted in YELLOW are the recommended bank statement files to click on, and download onto your pc, and then import into SmartBank